Sunday, October 26, 2014

Spectacular SOCKS! - Spreading The News About Socktober






Welcome to a very overdue segment of Spectacular SOCKS!   I have gone a long time without posting another segment, and I really wish I could have posted this one sooner as October is almost over.  Nevertheless, I thought it was still worth including this information about Socktober. Socktober is a sock-drive for the homeless.  According to the website,
 
"Socktober was launched by Kid President creator Brad Montague four years ago. It’s a movement to get kids and grown-ups to help the homeless in an easy, fun way."
 
I've posted some videos below, and for more detailed information on the sock-drive and how you can get involved visit their website:


I think this is a great idea. I would like to point out that this is an American charity, and as far as I know there is not a Canadian branch. I would love for us to start a sock-drive of our own, and though I am quite late posting this, it's not too late to contribute to charities and homeless shelters for the winter.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment