Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Seven Dwarfs According To My Brother Geoffrey


Okay, I realise that I haven’t written in quite a while, but I still have lots planned, and still intend to post a better late than never Practical Magic entry for the blog party that was on September 25.

But today, I have something that might be funny for any Disney fans, particularly fans of Disney’s first full length animated motion picture, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Being a Disney fan myself, I have had the names of each of the Seven Dwarfs memorised since childhood. For those of you who do not know, they are as follows:





Sneezy, Grumpy, Doc,
Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, and ...










Dopey!

As you can see, almost all of the Dwarfs are named after adjectives – descriptive words. This said, I would like to share something funny with you.

One day my brother and I were looking at a magazine together, the theme of the issue being “lists,” and one page had several “lists” that people often forget, such as the names of the five oceans, the ten commandments, the seven wonders of the world, etc ... One of these lists was a list of the names of the Seven Dwarfs from Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

As I said, I already knew their names, but my older brother Geoffrey did not. So, taking the magazine so that he could not peek, I asked him to guess their names. Eventually he did guess them all correctly, but in the process, he also guessed all of the following ... enjoy!

The Seven Dwarves According To Geoffrey

Weepy
Depressed
Cries-A-Lot
Scares-Easily
Chicken-Shit
Romantic
Moaner
Retard
Bully
Sinful
Sacred
Simple
Real-Simple
Cloudy
Sunny
Genius
Brainy
Smarty
Einstein
Diploma
Sick
Sicky
Temperatures-Flaring
Arthritic (this one might be my favourite)
Boney
Evil
Awful
Jerko
Jerk-Off
Meano
Mean-Spirit
Lacks-Manners
Lacks-Empathy
Lazy
Stupid
Jerome
(which of these names just doesn't belong ...)
Temper-Temper
Shy
Shyness
Angry
Furious


Today I asked him once again if he knew all their names ... he was able to list 6, but had trouble coming up with the 7th. These were his guesses:

Whiny
Sad
Crazy
Angry
Brain-Aneurysm
P. S.
Just as I had posted the above and my brother came to sit here on the couch, he saw the picture on my laptop of the seven Dwarfs and said, "Did you post the 'Geoffrey-is-stupid' blog yet?"

2 comments:

  1. I'm ratherish when it comes to "Diploma," but it be my favorite only if it refers to Dopey! lol What a chuckle this read has been~~ thank you, AND Mr. Geoffrey, too!

    Postscript: Maybe Arthritic could be spelled "Arthuritic," to seem more namely. lol!

    Cellar Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hey, at least he knows his place :oD

    ReplyDelete