Saturday, July 17, 2010

Secret Dreams

Well, this blog party is about secret dream and, having a sky-scraper-sized library full of secret dreams stored in my head – a collection that started early in childhood – I was at a loss for what specifically to write about. After all, I could discuss my fantasies of saving the world from inequality and Conservative-ism, or I could discuss something completely different like exposing my sister Claudia for being the evil monster that she is and watching as she is arrested and carried off to prison by torch-wielding villagers.

NOTE TO SELF: Find out which village handles conflicts in this manner.

But the rules of this blog party called for following our muses and making our dreams happen, and this is why I have decided to discuss the dreams I have taken steps to bringing to reality, and perhaps sharing the small achievements I have made here with other partiers today. I would like to start with discussing my health.

DREAMS OF HEALTH AND INDEPENDENCE

My birthday was on July 15th – just two days ago. I didn’t think about it then, but I realize that it might be very significant that this blog party is occurring so close to the start of a new year in my life. A blog party revolving around making dreams come true has occurred at a time that I have renewed my goals to improve my health ... good health and independence would be a dream-come-true. For me this birthday isn’t just a celebration of another year gone by. It is a reminder to me of the passage of time and the lack of accomplishments and experiences I have had during that time. This birthday represents having been alive for a quarter of a century, and has occurred at a time in my life that I increasingly feel life passing me by, a time that I feel I am not working hard enough to improve my health, and a time I feel ever more desperate for health and independence in order to experience more of the world and make more of my dreams come true.


I have made a new promise to myself: The next 25 years of my life will be better than the last 25 years, and as bad as I thought some of the experiences of the first 25 were, that is how good the experiences will be in the next 25.

Today, I have done something to improve my health. The treatment for Fibromyalgia is aerobic exercise: I went on a walk. Not a long walk, of course, but my first walk in a very long time. If possible, I will do my back exercises later as well.

SIDE NOTE: My sister Claudia called on her birthday last week. She started discussing the health problems my brother and I have and got into a fight with my mother because she doesn’t like how Mom is “handling our care.” When asked what Claudia would do differently, she had absolutely no clue. Thanks for the advice Claudia. Could it be that it just annoys you that we’re all too incapacitated to take a plane ride down to where you live and stay with you for a few weeks to appease your loneliness? Being fatigued and in pain, my mother could not bear to discuss the matter with her.

SECRET DREAMS TO BE COMPLETED IN THE FUTURE

. I plan to learn martial arts and become skilled in the use of martial arts weapons.
. I plan to learn archery.
. I plan to learn how to kayak and to do so frequently.
. I plan to learn wood-working so that I can make my own furniture.
. I plan to design and sew my own clothing which will have its own unique and original style.
. I plan to publish a novel, if not a series of novels.
. I plan to publish a comic book.
. I plan to publish my own zine.
. I plan to develop my own cook book, which does not necessarily have to be published, but I would still like it bound professionally.
. I plan to start a business selling gifts and gift baskets meant to comfort, amuse, and entertain people who are sick, hospitalized, or undergoing surgery. Most gifts would be humour-based.
. I plan to learn to drive.
. I plan to be able to donate blood again.
. I plan to be able to bike-ride again.
. I plan to either become a vegetarian or eat a healthy diet according to Canada’s Food Guide, and only eat products including meat.
. I plan to go to England and see the Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens, as well as anything associated with J.K. Rowling, Charles Dickens, Lewis Carroll and probably Shakespeare.
. I plan to visit Scotland and go to Loch Nesse and, if possible, catch a glimpse of Nessie.
. I plan to have my own house and be able to take care of it.
. I plan to have my Fibromyalgia and other health problems go into complete remission.
. I plan to show my sister what a weak little bitch she is compared to me.

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! What I wouldn't give to be 25 again!

    One of the things on my list is to go to Loch Ness too!

    Thank you so much for taking part in the blog party, I know you will make all your dreams come true!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dropping by from the blog party to comment. You have an amazing list of dreams--I am positive you will achieve them. Here's to your next 25 years!

    Surviving Grannie's Guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday, and thanks for sharing your dreams, I hope each and every one of them comes true for you. And all of you planning on hitting up Loch Ness, I'll happily play tour guide (plus for any of the rest of Scotland anyone wishes to see :oD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Mine is in a few days, though I'm much older. Love your list of wishes...it's wonderful that you're so clear on what you want.

    The fibromyalgia I can too easily identify with..have it myself, and chronic fatigue. Sometimes it kicks my butt, and sometimes I kick it back! Went on a long walk today with hubby and dog..came home tired but I did a three mile hike and lived to tell about it...yay!

    I'll check back and see how you're making out with your dreams...

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete